Makeup and Hair Artist –
Wollongong, South Coast, Southern Highlands, and Sydney’s South
Making Faces Makeup Studio is an award-winning team of makeup and hair professionals servicing the South Coast, Wollongong Southern Highlands and Sydney’s South.
Offering beautiful makeup designs and intricate hairstyles for Bridal, Formal Special Occasion Glamour & Editorial. As we are a mobile service and happy to come to you, appointments can also be made in our Kiama studio.
Makeup Awards & Achievements
Awards and Achievements
- 2021 Highly Commended Brides Choice Award Illawarra & Southern Highlands
- 2020 Winner Brides Choice Award Illawarra & Southern Highlands
- 2019 Winner Brides Choice Award Illawarra and South Coast
- 2018 Highly Commended Brides Choice Award Illawarra and South Coast
- 2017 Highly Commended Brides Choice Award Illawarra Weddings
- Nominated for the Australian Society Makeup Award – Excellence in Fashion Award
- Illawarra Women In Business 2018 Award Champion Networker
- Finalist at Women In Business 2016 for best small business
- Makeup Judge of the prestigious Face to Face makeup awards held annually at International Beauty Expo Makeup Competition
The Making Faces Hair & Makeup Team have worked at many events:
- Miss World Australia
- Miss Italy Pageant Australia
- The ARIA’s
- Inter-coiffure Hair Awards
- Various Fashion Shows & Events
- Various Photographic Shoots
- Short Films
- Special events
- Corporate Functions
Want to learn more about our studio and professional services?
Founder, Educator & Award Winning Makeup Artist
Meryll Faulkner is Wollongong’s professional makeup artist and principal of Making Faces Makeup Studio.
Throughout her 20-plus years as a professional makeup artist, her work has been featured on television, film and music videos, ads and magazine editorials.
Meryll is four times winner of the Australian Bridal Awards for excellence in makeup and Nominee for the prestigious Australian Makeup Artist Award for fashion makeup.
Meryll has a diploma in Makeup for film and fashion has also studied in Hollywood with Oscar Nominee Makeup artist Tina Earnshaw. More recently Meryll attended advanced classes in Paris with Atelier Maquillage and travelled to New York and studied with the runway fashion Makeup Artist Victor Noble.
Meryll established her professional school in 1998 has taught and mentored some of the industry’s leading makeup artists, now relocating her studio from Sydney to Kiama.
In her opinion one of Meryll’s greatest achievements was her development and creation of the “Art of Makeup Awards” a makeup competition not seen before for main stream makeup artist, running under her direction for over 13 years held at the Sydney Beauty Expo. The “Face to Face Makeup Awards” as they are now known is a prestigious event / competition for all makeup artists to enter. Taking a back seat as a Celebrity judge is one of Meryll’s joys every year.
In 2004 Meryll became the NSW & ACT distributor of the Makeup Atelier Paris makeup range. Meryll’s company MFS Makeup Pty Ltd supplies professional makeup artist, makeup departments in television, theatre, film and many Beauty salons.
She has also had the opportunity to work with actors, musicians and artists including:
Keith Urban, Sonia Kruger, Vanessa Amorosi, Kylie Minogue, Tina Arena, Sally Fitzgibbons, Jonesy and Amanda, Jimmy Barnes, Mahalia Barnes, The Whitlam’s, Circus Oz, Deborah Cheetham, Julie Anthony, Human Nature, Dawn Fraser, Ayden and Jess (The Block).